Sunday 22 June 2014

Beauty Salon Review || Desert Princess

Desert Princess 

British run hair and beauty salon



Dermalogica Facial Experience


Dermalogica Facial.  Source: Google Images




Located off Salwa Road, this beauty salon is a wonderful hideaway to escape to when you need to leave Doha and return to the UK (without paying for a flight!).

Desert Princess Waiting Area. Source: Desert Princess 


Well thought out and decorated with British charm, this beauty salon has much to offer; Swimming Pool (covered), large hair salon, nail bars and beauty treatment rooms.  

My reason for the visit today was to have a 60 minute Dermalogica facial.... dreamy! Having been in Qatar for over a year now, a Dermalogica facial as I know it to be (steam, extractions, peels, head massage, scented oils etc) was very hard to find. Other salons offer facials, but not a Dermalogica one which is what I specifically missed! 


I met with my therapist, Veerle, who is from Holland and very nice, I told her my facial woes and what i'd love to achieve over a period of time.  After a quick chat and filling out of a questionnaire, I was led upstairs to the beauty room. 

Upon entering the room had wonderful relaxing music playing, candles lit, and a perfectly positioned beauty bed with my name written all over it!  60 minutes flew by, but they were relaxing minutes and I was in utter bliss knowing that I was in great hands, and that i'd finally found my go-to place for my Dermalogica facials.

Once Veerle had finished this amazing treatment, we had a chat about other products I can add to my Dermalogica collection at home, and any areas of concern.  Reluctantly getting changed, I sorted my 'post-facial hair' and headed down to reception where i met Veerle and swiftly booked in another appointment for next month.... this time a 75 minute one with a full neck and shoulder massage too.

I will certainly go to Veerle each month to keep on top of my skincare routine, she is very knowledgeable and i'm so excited to have found Desert Princess!

Desert Princess Logo. Source: Desert Princess Facebook Page



No comments:

Post a Comment